The Telegraph reports:
“I have just been to see my 25-year-old son,” Shen Shaorong, the mother of Zhang Jianding, one of the four, said as she cried on her knees. “He has been beaten to a pulp and his clothes were ripped. Please tell the government in Beijing to help us before they kill us all,”
My dearest lady, asking the same criminal gang of thieves that stole your property and beat your child into a bloody pulp to help you sounds extraordinarily Orwellian.
While the scene in Wukan may sound like something out of an Orwell novel, it’s actually not too different from what we experience here in America on a daily basis. The only difference is that the villagers finally organized themselves to put up some resistance to the tyranny unfolding all around them.
Consider just the latest links from Reddit’s Bad Cop – No Doughnut section:
- Police Officer Tases 14 yr old Girl
- Missouri police union lashing out at police chief for firing officer seen on video shoving prisoner, breaking one of his vertebra.
- Chicago, IL police are being sued by the family of a man who died a week after police allegedly beat & tasered him beyond recognition. The family’s lawyer also claims that the man’s mother has been receiving death threats over the case
- Vegas officer fired after beating incident taped
- Fired 5 times, arrested 3 and the subject of 40 Internal Affairs investigations, this Florida cop leads the state in disciplinary cases… and still wears a badge.
- Activist claims he was arrested by a Houston police officer for asking his name.
- A Las Vegas officer accused of beating a man for videotaping police was fired Monday after a lengthy inquiry into his actions.
- Wheelchair-bound man shot dead by police for allegedly “lunging” at officers with a knife.
- 30 FBI Agents Raid Man’s House without Search Warrant
- Minneapolis police get drug warrant requiring they announce themselves when they perform the raid. Without warning they toss in a flash-bang, severely burning a woman that had nothing to do with drugs. City says cops will learn from the mistake, disciplines no one.
- Cops search house without warrant because guy went to a hydroponic supply store
- Feds raid picnic on farm – Cut vegetables are a “bio-hazard”, the insanity doesn’t stop there…
- “Don’t Get in My Face, I Have a Gun:” It’s Police vs. Press As NYC Cops Aggressively Scoop Up Tweeters, Videographers
The list of atrocities committed by the State could fill multiple encyclopedias. If any private organization had this kind of track record, they would have been driven out of business eons ago. Of course, the State does not rely on satisfying customers in order to generate its revenues. It relies in weapons, brutality, thuggery, and other cave-man like tactics to ensure compliance with its dictates.
From the Telegraph article, it appears that the citizens of Wukan have had enough. I wish them the best of luck, but if history is to be our guide, they will most likely wind up dead at the hands of those who are supposedly there to “protect” them.